Bone broth has to be one of the most bizarre health trends in history. I remember when my cousin first tried to convince me of the power of bone broth – I looked at her like she was crazy. There was no chance in hell I was going to somehow acquire animal bones, slow cook said animal bones in water for almost 24 hours, and then drink the remaining liquid…ew, right?
Wrong! Once I was finally convinced to try bone broth, I immediately fell in love. Guys, I love bone broth. Drinking a warm mug of bone broth is strangely comforting to me; it reminds me of eating chicken noodle soup to heal when I was young. And guess what! It is not a coincidence that people have consumed chicken soup when they are sick for centuries; in fact, people eat chicken soup when they are sick because the broth contains nutrients that are absolutely vital to the healing process and are almost impossible to acquire anywhere else.
Some of you may know about the healing power of bone broth, but for those of you who don’t, here are three of the top benefits of bone broth:
- Protects & Repairs Joints: Bone broth contains tons of collagen, the the protein that makes up bones, tendons, ligaments, and tissues. The collagen in bone broth can help to restore cartilage in our joints as it diminishes due to age, disease, or natural wear-and-tear associated with running, playing sports, etc. Bone broth also contains gelatin, which acts like a soft cushion between your bones to prevent pain and provides the building blocks we need to build and maintain strong bones (WAY better than milk, trust me on this one). It also has plenty of glycosaminoglycans (GAGs), including glucosamine, which are commonly taken as supplements to reduce joint pain and inflammation. Do you believe me yet?
- Heals the Gut & Aids Digestion: Bone broth has a wide variety of amino acids – including glycine and glutamine – in large quantities. These amino acids, as well as the gelatin and collagen I mentioned above, work together to heal the lining of your gut (which is probably damaged from all of the processed foods and medications we consume!) by maintaining the layer of mucus that keeps gut microbes away from the intestinal barrier³. Drinking bone broth should improve your digestion almost instantly as glycine stimulates the production of stomach acid and bile acid.
- Nourishes Hair, Skin, and Nails: The collagen and gelatin in bone broth keep skin looking youthful and bright, and many of the other 19+ easy-to-absorb, essential and non-essential amino acids and innumerable nutrients provide the building blocks for strong nails and long, thick hair.
This list is certainly not exhaustive – check out the sources at the bottom of this post for more information if you’re not yet convinced. But if I have persuaded you to start to drink the nectar of the gods, where do you go from here?
You can certainly make your own bone broth at home with animal bones from free-range, pasture-raised, and/or grass-fed animals. OR you can take advantage of a special discount from Kettle and Fire Bone Broth and buy your broth instead!
I never bought bone broth before this summer, but after I discovered Kettle and Fire Bone Broth, I became totally addicted. Making bone broth is an arduous process and honestly I often can’t keep up. I absolutely LOVE Kettle and Fire Bone Broth because:
- It is made with only the highest-quality ingredients (bones from organic, pasture-raised and/or grass-fed animals and all ingredients are organic sources) AND
- It is fresh, never-frozen bone broth that does not need to be refrigerated!!! You can keep it in your cupboard or a drawer for months without worrying about it perishing or taking up space in your freezer.
So, if you want to try this superfood yourself, what should you do?
- Enter the GIVEAWAY by commenting on this post to tell me why or how you want to use bone broth (you can also enter the giveaway on Instagram). The winner will receive THREE cartons of Kettle and Fire Bone Broth! (UPDATE: giveaway is closed).
- Use this link to receive 15% off your order of Kettle and Fire Bone Broth! Shipping within the US is free on orders of six or more cartons.
I can’t wait for you to experience the healing power of bone broth!