Alright, are you guys sick of my smoothie bowls yet? Because I’m just not. I have developed a serious obsession with smoothie bowls that started with my Low-Sugar Chocolate and Greens Superfood Smoothie Bowl and has since evolved into a daily superfood smoothie bowl that takes less than five minutes to make.
I found that the key to streamlining the smoothie process and making my daily habit sustainable was to pre-mix the many superfoods I include so that I only take two scoops out of one jar instead of a million scoops of different sizes out of different bags and jars. At the beginning of the week, I combine all of my superfoods into one mason jar that I keep next to my blender so that I can just scoop and go every morning. And, after much experimentation, I believe I have found a combination that excels in two categories: nutritional value and chocolatey goodness.
Let me give you a quick rundown of the superfoods I include in my weekly mix and some of their benefits:
- Raw Cacao Powder: contains large amounts of magnesium, which is shown to enhance muscle and nerve function // one of the richest plant sources of iron, which can prevent anemia and combat symptoms of iron-deficiency like fatigue // rich in antioxidants, which absorb and expel harmful, disease-causing agents in the body // mood-boosting, thanks to its abundance of neurotransmitters like PEA and TCH
- Chia Seeds: loaded with dietary fiber, protein, omega-3, omega-6 and essential fatty acids, antioxidants, and vitamins and minerals such as calcium, phosphorous, potassium, and magnesium // shown to reduce inflammation, improve digestion, and improve heart health
- Maca: contains over 20 amino acids, including 8 essential amino acids, which are extremely difficult to find in plants and form the building blocks of cells in our bodies // rich in a wide variety of nutrients including essential fatty acids, vitamins B-1, B-2, C, and E, calcium, magnesium, zinc, and more // improves hormonal production and fertility in both men and women // positively impacts energy, stamina, and mood by balancing blood sugar and regulating the hypothalamus // rich in antioxidants that prevent chronic disease by balancing cholesterol and lowering glucose
- Camu Camu: contains more vitamin C than any other food on the planet (!!!!), which works to strengthen the immune system, improve liver health, and enhance your mood
- Green SuperFood Powder: a powerful blend of nutritious greens, phytonutrient-packed fruits, veggies and cereal grasses, digestive enzymes and probiotics which increases energy, promotes detoxification and boosts your immune system
- Cinnamon: another outstanding source of antioxidants, which work to reduce inflammation, prevent chronic disease, and protect brain function // balances cholesterol, lowers blood glucose and improves insulin sensitivity // fights harmful infections and viruses as a a natural anti-fungal, anti-microbial, anti-viral agent
If this hasn’t convinced you that you NEED this combination of superfoods in your life, I don’t know what will. Make it easy to reap all of these amazing benefits by pre-making the combo below!
I usually blend 2 T of this mix with almond milk, frozen kale and cauliflower, collagen, and avocado. Boom. Done. You can also use this mix in my Low-Sugar Chocolate and Greens Smoothie Bowl recipe in place of the powders and seeds (other than toppings). Try it out and let me know how great you feel!
Superfood Chocolate Smoothie Mix
A mix of superfoods that you can make ahead of time and use in your smoothies every day!
Ingredients-1/2 cup raw cacao powder
-3 T chia seeds (you can also sub hemp hearts, flax seeds, or a combination of any of the three)
-1 heaping T maca powder
-1 scant T camu powder
-1 scoop Amazing Grass Green SuperFood Powder
-1 t ground cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients together in a mason jar or other airtight container.
- Add 2 heaping scoops (or as much as you want) to your smoothie (try it in my Smoothie Bowl recipe).
3 thoughts on “Superfood Smoothie Mix”
I haven’t tried camu camu yet, I will definitely have to to try!
It’s a good one!
LikeLiked by 1 person