So, you may have noticed that I got a Vitamix for Christmas from the best mom in the whole wide world…and yes, I am obsessed! After breaking multiple Nutribullets (not trying to hate on the Nutribullet, I still have one for quick and small blends), I convinced my mom that we really, really needed a Vitamix. And let me tell you, I was RIGHT!
I have been totally blown away by the quality already. So far I have only tried to make nut milk, smoothies, and a few soups, but the textures of all three have totally blown me away. I was particularly impressed with this creamy broccoli soup – it looks and tastes like it should have heavy cream or a buncha butter, but the base is 100% bone broth!
I do think the magical texture of this soup is best achieved with the Vitamix, but I’m sure it would taste fabulous even if you use an immersion blender or regular blender (because all of the ingredients are the same, duh). No matter what kitchen gadget(s) you have, I urge you to TRY THIS SOUP!!
I used my Instant Pot to make this soup super quick and easy, but – as always – this would be really easy to make on the stovetop as well. Let me know in the comments if you need help transferring this recipe to the stovetop.
I know I say this all the time, but my mom and I truly think this is one of the best soups I have ever made 🙂 Try it and let me know if you agree!
Creamy Broccoli Soup (Dairy-Free, Paleo)
A crazy easy, wonderfully healing, and surprisingly creamy dairy-free broccoli soup.
- 4 cups bone broth (I like Kettle and Fire brand)
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 heaping tablespoon ghee (I am obsessed with Gather Superfoods right now)
- 4 small heads broccoli, roughly chopped (this would probably be equivalent to 2 large heads)
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- a few cranks of black pepper
- Set the Instant Pot to the Saute function. Add the ghee, onion, and garlic to the pot and saute for about 7 minutes, until the onion starts to turn translucent.
- Turn off the Instant Pot. Add bone broth, broccoli, sweet potato, and spices (including salt and pepper) to the pot.
- Seal the Instant Pot and set it to the manual Soup setting (30 minutes). Let the soup cook for this time.
- When the timer goes off, release the pressure and open the pot. After the soup cools a bit (DO NOT IGNORE THE COOLING TIME!), transfer the mixture to your blender and blend in batches (it took me two batches).
- Serve and enjoy!