When I finally moved off the couch after being sick for a few days, I realized that I had a ton of veggies that were about to go bad and my body needed some nourishment. Perfect solution? Smooth veggie soup!
I love this soup because it is ridiculously easy to make and uses ingredients you probably already have in your refrigerator. On top of that, it packs a serious nutrient punch and is CRAZY delicious!
I made this soup in my Instant Pot because it requires very little hands-on time and cooks super quickly, but you could also make it in a slow-cooker or on your stovetop (comment if you need help transferring the recipe to slow-cooker or stovetop). Make it and then freeze a few jars for the next time you get sick – I promise you will thank me later!
Smooth Veggie Soup
A ridiculously easy pureed vegetable soup.
- 3 cups bone broth (homemade or from a quality brand like Kettle and Fire)
- 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Primal Palate Meat & Potatoes Seasoning (or other spicy/taco seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ghee (I am currently obsessed with Gather Superfoods)
- Put bone broth, cauliflower, sweet potato, onion, garlic, and spices in your Instant Pot. Seal the Instant Pot and press Soup (it should automatically set the cooking time to 30 minutes).
- When the time is up on the Instant Pot, release the steam and remove the top. Add the ghee to the pot and then puree the soup using an immersion blender (or use a regular blender by transferring the ingredients to a blender in batches). The vegetables should all puree until the soup has the consistency of a smoothie.
- When the soup reaches the desired consistency, serve with an extra dash of seasoning and the protein of your choice!